Hannah D. Monroe
850.222.6550 phone 850.222.8783 fax firstname.lastname@example.org
Hannah Monroe is an associate attorney in the Tallahassee office. Her litigation practice focuses on cases involving employment and labor issues, governmental and administrative law, and criminal defense.
Before joining Rumberger, Hannah worked as an Assistant Public Defender in Florida’s Second Judicial Circuit where she defended clients and handled jury trials in both county and circuit court. Prior to that, Hannah clerked for two years for U.S. District Judge Robert L. Hinkle (Northern District of Florida).
Hannah earned her law degree, cum laude, from the Florida State University College of Law. She served on the Law Review board as Article Selection Editor and then as Senior Article Selection Editor. While in law school, Hannah worked as a research assistant for Professor Rob Atkinson and clerked for a private law firm. She also interned with the Innocence Project of Florida and the Public Interest Law Center’s Healthcare Access Clinic.
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2012
- Maryville College, B.A., English Literature, magna cum laude, 2009
Professional & Civic Activities
- Tallahassee Women Lawyers
- Executive Board, Treasurer, 2017-present
- Board of Directors, 2016-2017
- Tallahassee Bar Association
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Articles & Presentations
- "Encroachment on Florida's Third Branch of Government," "Florida Defender," a publication of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Volume 29 No. 1, Summer 2017
- "U.S. Supreme Court Determines Scope of the Administrative Exhaustion Requirement Under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act," March 2017
- "US Supreme Court Holds That Qualified Immunity Bars 4th Amendment Claim in Deadly Police Force Case," January 2017
- Co-Author, “Justice Antonin Scalia: Darling of the Criminal Defense Bar?” Fall 2016 issue of the Florida Defender, the quarterly publication of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers