Lacee E. Monk
305.358.5577 phone 305.371.7580 fax email@example.com
Lacee Monk is an associate in the Miami office of Rumberger, Kirk & Caldwell, where she focuses her practice on construction defect litigation.
Prior to entering private practice, Lacee worked as an Assistant State Attorney in Daytona Beach, Florida. She has successfully conducted numerous jury trials, prosecuting cases ranging from domestic battery to second-degree murder. She frequently attended court hearings, litigated pretrial motions, defended depositions, and trained new officers on testifying in court.
Lacee received her law degree, magna cum laude, from the University of Miami School of Law. During law school, she was the Managing Editor of the Inter-American Law Review and also earned honors for ranking in the top 10% of the litigation skills trial course. Additionally, as a member of the Health Rights Clinic, Lacee represented a nine-year-old disabled child in an administrative hearing that resulted in an award of $19,000.
- University of Miami, J.D., magna cum laude, 2012
- University of Miami, B.B.A, Accounting, 2009
Professional & Civic Activities
- Dade Legal Aid - Put Something Back
- University of Miami School of Law Alumni Association, Young Alumni Committee 2016 – present
Articles & Presentations
- Co-author, “Recovery of Prejudgment Interest in Negligence Actions in Florida,” April 2017