Justin M. Guido
305.358.5577 phone 305.371.7580 fax firstname.lastname@example.org
Justin Guido currently focuses his practice on insurance coverage and casualty litigation, including negligent security. He has obtained dismissals including summary judgment, as well as favorable settlements.
After graduating, cum laude, from Pace University School of Law, Justin worked as an Assistant State Attorney at the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office. During this tenure, Justin conducted numerous bench trials and 20 jury trials. He obtained an all count guilty verdict in a local high profile case which was the subject of a news article featured in the Miami Herald. As part of his regular responsibilities, Justin attended daily court hearings, argued motions and defended numerous depositions.
During law school, Justin served as a research assistant to his contracts professor and as an Articles Editor of the Pace International Law Review. He also interned for several different offices including the Tort Division of the New York City Law Department, the Organized Crime Task Force of the New York Attorney General’s Office, the Criminal Trials Division of the New Jersey Office of the Public Defender, the District Attorney's Office for Westchester County, NY, a plaintiff’s law firm based in Los Angeles and a national insurance defense law firm. Prior to law school, Justin worked within the Asset Forfeiture and Money Laundering Section of the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington, D.C.
Justin joined Rumberger, Kirk and Caldwell in 2015 seeking to hone his litigation skills and develop his career as a civil litigator.
- Pace University, J.D., cum laude, 2013
- George Washington University, B.A., History, 2007
Professional & Civic Activities
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- YMCA Young Professionals of South Florida, "Hands-On" Community Events Committee Chair
- GenNext Committee Member, Legal Services of Greater Miami
- The League of Prosecutors
- American Bar Association
- Broward County Bar Association
- Miami-Dade County Bar Association
Articles & Presentations
- Author, "The Right To Be Secure Against Unreasonable Search and Seizure of Overseas Electronic Data? Daily Business Review, November 6, 2017
- Co-Author, "Clickwraps and Browsewraps Oh My! Terms of Online Vender Agreements - Are They Enforceable?" Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association Magazine, Winter 2017
- Co-Author, "A Spam Story - How One Law Firm's Spam Blocker Proved Costly to Them and to Their Client," September 19, 2017
- Co-Presenter, "Social Media and PDA Discovery - What's New and Where We're Heading", Florida Insurance Fraud Enforcement Conference, July 2017
- Author, "Enforcing 'Browsewrap' Agreements: Don't Make the Fine Print Too Fine," Daily Business Review (March 29, 2017)
- Author, “Four-Corners Rule Carries the Day on Hurricane Claim,” Daily Business Review (January 24, 2017)