M. Stephen Smith
305.995.5410 phone 305.371.7580 fax email@example.com
Steve Smith is a Florida Bar Board Certified Civil Trial attorney who specializes in defending mass tort exposure cases as well as complex claims arising from commercial and professional relationships. Steve has tried cases in State and Federal courts throughout Florida and represented clients on appeal.
His toxic tort practice includes the defense of cases asserting exposure to asbestos, carbon monoxide, pesticides among other substances. This mass tort experience extends to medical devices in both individual cases and MDL proceedings. He has tried cases venued in Louisiana, Michigan and Virginia.
Steve represents professionals in a variety of fields including law, accounting, real estate, and medical/health. His business litigation matters have included contract, fraud and statutory actions.
- University of Florida, College of Law, J.D., 1975
- Lehigh University, B.A., Economics and Mathematics, cum laude, 1972
- Bastida v. Batchelor
- Florida Power & Light Co. v. Allis Chalmers Corp.
- Begley v. Truly Nolan Exterminating, Inc.
- Miller v. Selden
- Chesterton v. Fisher
- Bankers Trust Realty, Inc. v. Kluger
- Garlock, Inc. v. Harriman
- Rucker v. Garlock, Inc.
- Broderick v. Danek Medical, Inc.
- Casamassina v. U.S. Life Ins. Co. in City of New York
Professional & Civic Activities
- Defense Research Institute
- American Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
Articles & Presentations
- “Asbestos Litigation,” Association of Corporate Counsel , Lecturer
Ratings and Certifications
- Florida Bar Board Certified Civil Trial Attorney
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell