Francis H. Sheppard
407.839.4541 phone 407.835.2041 fax firstname.lastname@example.org
Frank Sheppard is the Managing Partner of Rumberger, Kirk & Caldwell. He focuses his practice primarily in the areas of professional liability, employment and commercial litigation. In addition to his trial practice, Frank handles appellate matters for clients in both state and federal courts.
In his professional liability practice, Frank defends professionals from a variety of industries including legal, healthcare, construction, and financial institutions. In the healthcare industry, he represents physicians, nurses, physician’s assistants and mental healthcare providers. Frank also represents business professionals including attorneys, accountants, insurance agents, securities brokers, architects and engineers. His professional liability practice includes cases that are often high profile and which involve numerous and complex issues including claims for fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, and statutory violations. Frank’s years of experience managing RKC has been particularly helpful in his defense of other lawyers and law firms in legal professional liability matters.
Employment litigation plays a significant part of Frank’s practice. He represents employers in the public and private sectors in cases involving claims of harassment, wrongful termination, retaliation, and violation of civil rights. Frank defends clients against claims of discrimination based on gender, age, ethnicity, religion and disability under the ADA. He has particular experience in defending school boards and other educational institutions, including claims based on the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). Outside of the courtroom, he speaks to clients and public groups on topics pertaining to employment litigation and counsels clients on a variety of employment matters.
Active in local Bar and civic organizations, Frank also serves the community as Chair of the Board of Directors for Hospice of the Comforter and as a member of the Florida Hospital Foundation Executive Board.
Frank also represents individuals and companies in commercial litigation matters including contract disputes, non-compete agreements, real estate disputes and claims under the Uniform Commercial Code.
- Florida State University, College of Law, J.D., with honors, 1984
- Florida State University, B.S., Finance, cum laude, 1981
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America, Professional Malpractice Law- Defendants, 2015, 2017, 2018
- Listed in Florida Trend Legal Elite for Labor and Employment (2010)
- Listed in Florida Super Lawyers 2007, 2008, 2009
- Autry v. Nassau County School Board
- Cartwright v. Home Depot, Behr Paint and Sherwin Williams
- Cascella v. Canaveral Port District
- Church of Iron Oak v. Palm Bay
- Cohen v. City of Ocala
- Cooper v. School Board of Brevard County
- Denbo v. School Board of Brevard County
- Guyer v. Alachua County School Board
- Jones v. School Board of Orange County
- N.B. by D.G. v. Alachua County School Board
- Weinstock v. Groth
- Marilyn Woodruff v. The School Board of Seminole County, Florida
- Hall v. Orange County School Board
Professional & Civic Activities
- Orange County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar, Committee on Student Education and Admissions to the Bar, Former member
- Florida State University College of Law Alumni Association, Former member, Board of Directors
- Defense Research Institute
- Federal Bar Association
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
Ratings and Certifications
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida Hospital Foundation, Executive Board Member
- Hospice of the Comforter Foundation (Chairman, Board of Directors)