David B. Shelton
407.839.4511 phone 407.835.2011 fax firstname.lastname@example.org
David Shelton concentrates his practice on insurance industry issues, including coverage and bad faith. With more than 25 years of experience, he has represented clients in class action litigation and insurance claims involving automobile (personal and commercial), homeowners, excess/umbrella, commercial general liability, marine, and life insurance.
As a focal part of his practice, David also handles appeals in federal and state courts throughout Florida. His most notable appellate wins have involved the representation of major insurance companies pertaining to issues such as insurance coverage, insurance policy renewal and uninsured motorist coverage. He has also successfully handled appeals involving product liability and general tort/negligence issues including spoliation of evidence.
Outside of the courtroom, David has both authored and lectured on insurance issues. He has written several articles for Trial Advocate Quarterly and has spoken at seminars on insurance-related topics including bad faith. His published works include case studies involving insurance company litigation, litigation under Florida’s Civil Remedy Statute and bad faith claims.
- Ohio State University, J.D., with honors, 1987
- Earlham College, B.A., German and Political Science, with honors, 1984
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America, Insurance Law, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
- Listed in Florida Super Lawyers 2009
- Bulkmatic Transport Company v. Taylor
Professional & Civic Activities
- Orange County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association
- The Ohio State University Law Journal, Member
Articles & Presentations
- insurance industry issues, including "Bad Faith Litigation" , Lecturer
- “Blanchard v. State Farm: Finally, The Answer As To When A First-Party Bad Faith Claim Accrues For Purposes of Section 624.155, Florida Statutes,” Trial Advocate Quarterly , Author
- Recoverable Damages in Litigation Under Florida’s Civil Remedy Statute,” Trial Advocate Quarterly
- Procedural Considerations in Civil Remedy Actions,” Trial Advocate Quarterly , Author
Ratings and Certifications
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell