305.358.5577 phone 786.536.3451 fax firstname.lastname@example.org
Myron Shapiro is Martindale-Hubbell AV-rated for more than 30 years. He has been a practicing trial lawyer for more than 35 years and has been lead counsel in more than 50 complex product liability trials. These trials include defending American, Japanese and European automobile and truck manufacturers involving airbags (aggressive deployment/non-deployment frontal and side), rollover roof crush, sudden/unintended acceleration, lack of ignition inter-lock, inertial release of occupant restraint system, carbon monoxide affixation, door latch integrity, post-collision fuel system integrity, front seat/backrest strength in rear-end collisions and aerodynamic/handling characteristics (oversteer/understeer) in cases involving brain damage, including diffuse axonal brain injuries, quadriplegia/paraplegia, wrongful death, ruptured aorta, traumatic amputation, severe burn injuries, crushed internal organs and persistent vegetative state.
Myron has also defended a number of off-road industrial vehicle/material handling equipment manufacturers (fork lifts, front-end loaders, skid steer loaders, walkie straddle truck) involving allegations of inadequate rollover protection systems (ROPS), lack of audible alarm/visual strobe light, warnings, lack of occupant restraint and "belly button" reversing switch defects.
In addition to his extensive representation of automobile and truck manufacturers in complex product liability cases, Myron has also handled general auto/truck personal injury casualty matters involving single and multiple vehicle crashes as well as multi-vehicle pile ups, Federal Motor Carrier (FMC) regulations including matters of alleged sleep deprivation.
Non-vehicular products defended by Myron include extensive litigation in elevator and escalator cases, stainless steel armored phone cables for public telephones in which severe hand & arm lacerations have occurred during acts of vandalism, telephone acoustical trauma, power station insulation materials resulting in electrical burns, insecticide/pesticide-crop contamination (toxic tort), commercial litigation and intellectual property cases. Myron has also served as national coordinating counsel.
Additionally, Myron handles complex civil litigation matters including class actions, large multi-party construction defect litigation representing developers and general contractors, and is a skilled appellate practitioner.
Myron was also involved in the historical precedent setting United States Supreme Court case on personal jurisdiction. World-Wide Volkswagen Corp. v. Woodson, 444 US 286 (1980), including its trial in the USDC N.D. of Oklahoma, before Judge James O. Ellison, which resulted in a complete defense verdict.
- New York Law School, J.D.,
- Indiana University, B.A., History,
- Castellanos v. Briggs & Stratton Corp.
- Garcia v. Schindler Elevator Corporation
- World-Wide Volkswagen Corp. v. Woodson
- Stapleton v. Freightliner, LLC
- Friedman v. Audi AG, (U.S.D.C. S.D. of Fla., WPB Div.)
- Sassi v. Mazda America Corp.
- Izaguirre v. Komori America Corp.
- Milord v. Pepsico
- McGill v. Volkswagen of America, (U.S.D.C. S.D. of Fla., Miami Div.)
- Quinones v. Automobili Lamborghini America, LLC.
Professional & Civic Activities
- Appointed to Eleventh Judicial Circuit Professionalism Panel
- Defense Research Institute
- Product Liability Advisory Council
- The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association
Articles & Presentations
- Expert Evidence, A Practitioner’s Guide to Law, Science, and the FJC Manual,” Chapter 5, Guide to Survey Research, West Publishing, , Co-Author
- Safety Belt Use: Some Products Liability Considerations,” Advances in Belt Restraint Systems: Designs, Performance and Usage, Journal of Products Liability, , Co-Author
- Miami Midnight Basketball League - Mentor
- Charlie House - Certified Emergency Child Placement