Damien A. Orato
407.839.2173 phone firstname.lastname@example.org
Damien Orato practices in the areas of product liability and casualty defense.
In his product liability practice, Damien represents manufacturers of motor vehicles, motorcycles, off-road vehicles, trucks, personal watercraft and railroad equipment against claims resulting in catastrophic injury and death. Damien defends domestic and foreign manufacturers in litigation involving various vehicle components and systems including roofs, seats, seatbelts and occupant restraints, airbags, brakes and other crashworthiness claims.
In his casualty practice, Damien represents trucking companies in cases involving significant and catastrophic injuries as well as wrongful death claims. He defends trucking clients in cases involving issues concerning weight, lighting, driver qualifications and performance, and vehicle maintenance and repair. He has litigated cases involving issues related to the electronic control module. He has defended claims arising from a variety of trucking accidents including rollovers, vehicle/ pedestrian, and multiple vehicle collisions.
- Florida State University, College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2006
- University of Notre Dame, B.B.A., Finance, minor in Accounting, magna cum laude, 2003
- Florida Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2009
Professional & Civic Activities
- Florida Trucking Association
- Orange County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
- The Florida Bar
Articles & Presentations
- Co-Author, "Cost of Convenience for the Grocery Industry: On-Demand Grocery Delivery Service Presents Possible Legal Ramifications," November 2017
- "Florida Court Extends Privacy Rights to Vehicle Black Box," May 2017
- Co-Author, “The Cost of Convenience: Understanding the Third Party Food Delivery Dilemma,” April 2017
- "Tractor-Trailer ECM Data Plays Part in Spoliation of Evidence," Defense Research Institute (DRI) In Transit, 2008
- "A Case Study: Negligent Hiring and Retention Claims," September 2008