Charles P. Mitchell
407.839.4532 phone 407.835.2032 fax firstname.lastname@example.org
Charlie Mitchell defends manufacturers and distributors against claims under the Federal Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, state Lemon Laws, the Uniform Commercial Code, Florida’s Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices Act and other consumer protection statutes. In addition to his trial and arbitration practice in Florida and other states in the Southeast, Charlie routinely advises manufacturers and distributors on warranty fulfillment, compliance with consumer protection statutes, litigation prevention, and attorney’s fee shifting statutes.
Charlie’s depth of experience in a wide range of both commercial litigation and product liability defense has made him particularly well-suited to defending warranty claims.
- University of Florida, College of Law, J.D., with honors, 1989
- Davidson College, B.A., Political Science, 1986
Professional & Civic Activities
- International Association of Lemon Law Administrators (IALLA)
- Orange County Bar Association
- First United Methodist Church of Orlando, Finance Committee
Articles & Presentations
- Panelist, "Current Issues in Lemon Law Arbitrations," 2016 International Association of Lemon Law Administrators (IALLA) Annual Conference
- Presenter, "Seizing the Cure Opportunity, Evaluating Consumer Demands, Calculating Remedies, and Handling Attorney's Fee Claims," 2016 Auto Summit of the International Society of Consumer Affairs Professionals (SOCAP)