Robert H. Adams
205.572.4929 phone 205.326.6786 fax firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert Adams represents debtors, creditors, creditors' committees, trustees, bondholders and other clients in bankruptcy, reorganization and creditors' rights proceedings in federal and state courts. For more than 35 years, he has provided a broad range of services to clients in Chapter 11 reorganizations, Chapter 7 proceedings, workouts, business and commercial litigation matters and foreclosure actions in Alabama and around the Southeast. Robert has been involved in creditors' rights proceedings in a wide variety of industries, including manufacturing, broadcast communications, the restaurant industry, banking and real estate. He is certified in Business Bankruptcy Law and Creditors' Rights Law by the American Board of Certification.
Robert represents lenders, bondholders, indenture trustees and borrowers in bankruptcy and other state and federal proceedings. Representations include orderly liquidations both in and out of court, loan workouts and debt restructurings. Robert has represented lenders and borrowers in foreclosure and UCC sales both consensual and non-consensual.
Robert has also represented lenders in defense of consumer litigation matters including FDCPA.
Active in the federal, state and local bankruptcy bar, Robert has been named in "The Best Lawyers in America" (Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law) for more than twenty years and is also recognized in the Alabama Super Lawyers. He served on the Steering Committee to establish the Alabama Chapter of the Turnaround Management Association.
Robert served on the inaugural Fee Arbitration Committee for the Birmingham Bar Association and has served as chairman and co-chairman of that committee, as well as serving on the BBA's Pro Bono and Scholarship Committees. He is a past president of the University of Alabama at Birmingham National Alumni Association. Robert has been a frequent speaker for continuing education courses on bankruptcy law and related topics. He has also taught courses on bankruptcy law for paralegals at Cumberland School of Law and served for several years on the faculty of Birmingham School of Law. Robert is also past chairman of the Pastoral Council and Finance Committee at St. Elias Maronite Catholic Church in Birmingham.
- Birmingham School of Law, J.D., 1980
- University of Alabama, B.S., 1975
- Listed in Mid-South Super Lawyers - Bankruptcy:Business, 2017, 2018
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 1995-2019
- AV-Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Professional & Civic Activities
- American Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Past Chair, Fee Arbitration Committee
- Past member, Pro Bono Committee
- American Association for Justice
- Commercial Law League
- Turnaround Management Association, Steering Committee, Alabama Chapter, Former Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute
Articles & Presentations
- Co-presenter, "Mortgage Banking Law," Mortgage Bankers Association of Alabama Education Session, June 7, 2017
- "Chapter 11 and Alternatives for Businesses in Financial Distress: Strategies for Debtors and Creditors," National Business Institute, 2008
Ratings and Certifications
- Certified in Business Bankruptcy Law and Creditors' Rights Law by the American Board of Certification
- St. Elias Maronite Catholic Church in Birmingham, Past Chairman of the Pastoral Council and Finance Committee