Peter J. Tepley
205.721.2816 phone 205.326.6786 fax firstname.lastname@example.org
Peter Tepley focuses his practice on commercial litigation. He frequently represents securities broker dealers, including clearing brokers, and their registered representatives in customer, employment, and industry disputes in FINRA arbitrations as well as state and federal courts. He also represents public and private companies and their officers and directors in a variety of complex business disputes, including business torts and breach of contract cases. He defends businesses and individual officers and directors in class actions, including securities class actions. In addition, he represents fiduciaries and other parties in will contest and breach of fiduciary duty cases. Pete is listed in Alabama Super Lawyers for litigation. Pete is the Chair of Rumberger's Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
Pete is admitted to practice in both Alabama and South Carolina. Prior to his legal career, he spent nearly ten years in the computer software industry.
- University of South Carolina, J.D., cum laude, 1993
- New College of the University of South Florida, B.A., 1981
- Listed in Mid-South Super Lawyers - General Litigation, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
Professional & Civic Activities
- SIFMA Compliance and Legal Society
Articles & Presentations
- Co-Author, "FINRA Office of Dispute Resolution Party Portal Now Required," April 2017