J. Michael Rediker
205.721.2814 phone 205.326.6786 fax firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Rediker focuses his practice in the area of financial services litigation which is national in scope. He represents clients in the areas of securities, corporate governance, broker-dealer regulation and litigation, RICO, bond issuances and bond defaults, product liability, fraud, corporate law, trust law and business torts. He has particular experience in institutional, derivative, class action complex and multi-district litigation. Mike has litigated cases in federal, state and appellate courts as well as before the United States Supreme Court and United States Tax Court. He also represents claimants and respondents in FINRA and AAA arbitration forums.
In the course of his practice, Mike has represented institutional and individual investors of all types including state pension funds, insurance companies, mutual funds, financial institutions and private retirement funds. He has also represented public and private corporations and governmental entities. Mike also has considerable experience in the transactional and client advisory sides of securities and corporate finance.
In addition to his law practice, Mike served as a an adjunct professor for the University of Alabama School of Law and Cumberland School of Law, teaching securities regulation and related topics. He has authored numerous articles, book chapters, presentations and continuing legal education study outlines.
Mike is listed in The Best Lawyers in America for more than 20 years in both commercial litigation and securities law. He is also listed in Alabama Super Lawyers and Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business for litigation: general commercial. In 2010, Mike was honored as "Birmingham Securities Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers.
- Harvard University, J.D., 1967
- Princeton University, A.B., magna cum laude, 1964
- Chambers USA for Litigation: General Commercial
- Listed in Mid-South Super Lawyers - Business Litigation, since 2007
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation; Litigation -Securities, since 1987
- "Birmingham Securities Lawyer of the Year," 2010, Best Lawyers
Professional & Civic Activities
- Alabama Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Birmingham Bar Association
- American Bar Association