Michael B. Odom
205.721.2819 phone 205.326.6786 fax firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Odom maintains a broad commercial litigation practice with an emphasis on real estate. He also has significant experience representing title insurance companies against claims brought against them and provides coverage opinions. Michael is a member of the Dixie Land Title Association. Michael also has experience defending insurance companies against a variety of coverage claims, including bad faith, and writing coverage opinions.
In his construction litigation practice, Michael represents commercial contractors and homebuilders in construction defect, contract and lien litigation. He also represents clients in the negotiation and review of construction contracts. Michael is a member of the Greater Birmingham Association of Home Builders, the Home Builders Association of Alabama and the Legal Action Network for Development Strategies (LANDS), a part of the National Association of Home Builders.
Michael also represents lenders in commercial loan closings, commercial foreclosure matters, problem loan remediation, negotiation of forbearance and loan modification agreements and deficiency/recovery litigation.
Michael’s real estate litigation practice includes landlord/tenant, contract and lien litigation. He represents land owners in zoning and subdivision cases. Michael also defends land owners whose property is being condemned through eminent domain. He has successfully defended property owners against claims broguht under the Fair Housing Act. In addition to his commercial litigation practice, Michael is active in alternative dispute resolution and mediation and is registered on the Alabama State Court Mediation Roster and the Alabama Arbitrator Roster.
- Samford University, Cumberland School of Law, J.D., 1994
- University of the South, B.A., 1991
- Best Lawyers 2018 "Lawyer of the Year" for Litigation-Real Estate, Birmingham
- Listed in Mid-South Super Lawyers - Real Estate, 2014, 2015, 2017
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America,Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law; Litigation-Real Estate: Litigation-Land Use and Zoning, 2010-2018
Professional & Civic Activities
- Alabama Center for Dispute Resolution
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Treasurer, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section
- American Bar Association
Ratings and Certifications
- Certified Better Business Bureau Arbitrator
- Registered, Alabama Arbitrator Roster
- Registered, Alabama State Court Mediation Roster