Darryl L. Gavin
407.839.4569 phone 407.835,2069 fax email@example.com
Darryl Gavin practices in the areas of insurance coverage and bad faith and employment law. In his insurance practice, he defends insurance companies against coverage claims involving homeowners, automobile, life and commercial general liability policies. In conjunction with his insurance coverage and bad faith practice, he is routinely called upon to handle appeals on behalf of his clients.
In his employment practice, Darryl represents employers in the private and public sectors against allegations of civil rights violations and discrimination including those based on gender, age, ethnicity and disability. He has also defended employer clients against harassment and whistle-blower claims. In this aspect of his practice, Darryl represents clients in both administrative and judicial proceedings. Outside the courtroom, Darryl has spoken at employment law seminars on the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), discrimination and harassment in the workplace, and the hiring, discipline and termination of employees.
- Florida State University, College of Law, J.D., with honors, 1987
- Florida State University, B.S., Finance and Risk-Management Insurance, 1984
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America, Insurance Law, 2013-2018
- Frandesen v. County of Brevard
- Martinez v. American Airlines, Inc.
Professional & Civic Activities
- Trinity Lutheran Church and School, Elder
- Orange County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
Articles & Presentations
- The Americans with Disabilities Act, discrimination and harassment in the workplace, and the hiring, discipline and termination of employees , Speaker