Robert L. Blank
813.223.4253 phone 813.221.4752 fax email@example.com
Rob Blank is a Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer. He is engaged in civil trial practice, concentrating in the defense of product liability and casualty defense cases. In his product liability practice Rob defends automobile manufacturers, industrial equipment manufacturers, power tool manufacturers and beverage companies. In his casualty practice Rob defends theme parks, water parks, trucking companies, beverage companies, retailers, schools and other businesses for various tort claims.
Rob is the administrative partner of the firm's Tampa office. He was selected as an "Attorney to Watch" in 2012 by Attorney at Law Magazine, has been named as a Florida Super Lawyer and has been recognized as Florida Trend's Legal Elite, as well as maintaining memberships in the Florida Defense Lawyers' Association and the Defense Research Institute. Rob is admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Florida. He received his B.A. from the University of South Florida in 1988, then completed his J.D. at Stetson University College of Law in 1992, graduating magna cum laude.
- Stetson University, College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 1992
- University of South Florida, B.A., Business Management, 1988
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America, Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants, 2018
- Florida Trend Magazine Florida Legal Elite 2010-2016
- Listed in Florida Super Lawyers, Personal Injury Defense: General, 2007-2018
- Attorneys to Watch 2012, Attorney at Law Magazine
- Alisa R. Kenney v. SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment LLC
- Glenda Torres Perez v. Sea World of Florida LLC.
- Dorman v. Mid-State Plumbing, Inc.,
- Hess v. Coca-Cola Refreshments U.S.A., Inc.
- Scholan v. Toyota Motor Corporation and Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
- Estrada v. Sea World of Florida LLC d/b/a Sea World
- Ramos-Lopez v. SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment LLC d/b/a Busch Gardens
- Castro-Socas v. SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment LLC d/b/a Busch Gardens
- Rivera-Lopez v. Southeast Toyota Distributors, LLC
- Gomez v. RCMA
- McKnight v. Sea World of Florida LLC.
- Thorne v. Temples
- Saunders v Busch Entertainment Corporation
- Coral v. Garrard Crane Service, Inc. and Garrard Carpentry, Inc.
- Myers v. Cook / Tampa Bay Moving Systems, Inc.
- Richter v. Home Depot U.S.A., Inc. and Delta International Machinery Corporation
- Moncrieff v. Toyota Motor Corporation
- Goss v. Busch Entertainment Corporation
- Strait v. Busch Entertainment Corporation
- Littell v. General Motors
- National Healthcorp Ltd. Partnership v. Judith Anne Close
- Alaimo v. Home Depot USA, Inc.
- Nussbaum v. Reebok International, Ltd. and the Sports Authority, Inc.
- National Healthcorp Ltd. Partnership v. Cascio
Professional & Civic Activities
- The Florida Bar, Trial Lawyers Section
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Trial Lawyers Section
- Defense Research Institute
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
Articles & Presentations
- "Theme Park Defense: 10 Things to Know," May 2017
- “Pulling the Nails out of the Avallone Coffin Should Excess Liability Coverage on a Self Insurance Fund Constitute a Waiver of Sovereign Immunity?,” 20 Stetson Law Review 971
- “The Expanding Safety Responsibilities of Crane Operators,” Greater Florida Constructor Magazine
- “Providing Attorney’s Fees in a Pest Control Contract – Who Benefits?,” Pest Control
Ratings and Certifications
- Board Certified Specialist in Civil Trial Law by The Florida Bar
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell