Michael D. Begey
407.839.4522 phone 407.835.2021 fax firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Begey concentrates his practice in the areas of product liability, commercial and class action litigation. He represents clients in the aviation, automotive, industrial product and medical device industries.
Michael defends automotive clients in cases involving components and systems including seat belts and occupant restraints, airbags, door latch, window glazing, padding, suspension systems, seat backs, and roofs. He also has experience in the defense of crashworthiness, handling and stability, fuel-fed fire, cargo retention, and toxic tort allegations. He also represents motorcycle helmet manufacturers against claims of product defect and aviation clients against claims involving engine design.
Michael has significant experience in defending nationwide class actions involving claims of product defect, fraud, Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices and breach of warranty. Michael’s product liability also includes the representation of manufacturers of industrial products including transformer components, as well as consumer products including blenders and televisions. Additionally, he represents medical device manufacturers in litigation alleging product defectiveness as well as non-compliance with applicable FDA regulations.
He also devotes a significant part of his time to the representation of clients involved in commercial litigation. He represents clients in diverse areas such as franchise disputes, product purchase agreement disputes, and financial and contractual matters.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 1997
- University of Central Florida, B.A., Political Science, summa cum laude, 1993
Professional & Civic Activities
- Product Liability Advisory Counsel ("PLAC")
- Defense Research Institute
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- Orange County Bar Association, including Young Lawyers Section
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
Articles & Presentations
- "When Constitutionality is Challenged, Know What Weapons You Have," Facts & Findings: The Paralegal Magazine, March/April 2017
- "A Little Known Requirement Essential to Defending Constitutional Challenges," FDLA's Defense Post, Spring 2014 edition
Ratings and Certifications
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell