Craig A. Alexander
205.572.4920 phone 205.326.6786 fax email@example.com
Craig Alexander primarily represents clients in the areas of commercial litigation, professional responsibility, and labor and employment. He also has substantial experience in personal injury and wrongful death, banking and mortgage servicing, and product liability litigation. As lead counsel, he has tried over 40 jury cases to verdict and more than 100 non-jury cases to judgment.
Craig’s commercial litigation practice involves claims for breach of contract, fraud, and intentional interference with contractual relations. He also has experience in prosecuting and defending actions seeking temporary restraining orders and other injunctive relief arising out of commercial disputes. His commercial practice has included defending cases involving sales commission contracts, construction and construction loan contracts, advertising contracts, and banking and mortgage servicing practices.
Craig’s practice also includes the representation of attorneys in disciplinary proceedings before the Alabama State Bar. He assists clients in responding to complaints, provides representation before disciplinary panels, and handles appeals of adverse decisions by disciplinary panels. Craig is knowledgeable about the Alabama Rules of Professional Conduct and the Alabama Rules of Disciplinary Procedure. He also provides ethics opinions on legal questions.
The representation of clients in labor and employment cases is another aspect of Craig’s practice. He has represented clients in cases involving alleged violations of collective bargaining agreements, claims for workers’ compensation benefits and for retaliatory termination, and claims asserting co-employee liability for workplace injuries. He has also successfully represented clients in cases alleging race, gender, pregnancy and age discrimination, as well as sexual harassment and unlawful retaliation.
Outside of his litigation practice, Craig serves as an adjunct professor at the University of Alabama School of Law where he teaches a class on Alabama Civil Practice and Procedure. He serves as the Chair of the Amicus Curiae Committee of the Alabama Defense Lawyers Association, and is an active member of the Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers.
- George Washington University Law School, J.D., 1981
- University of Alabama, B.A. Philosophy, cum laude, 1977
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America, Litigation-Labor and Employment and Personal Injury Litigation-Defendants, 2019
- Listed in Alabama Super Lawyers, Civil Defense Litigation (2008)
Professional & Civic Activities
- Alabama State Bar
- Task Force on Legal Education and Admission to the Bar (2017-2018)
- Task Force on Law School and Legal Education (2016-2017)
- Adjunct Professor, University of Alabama School of Law (2011 - present)
- Alabama Defense Lawyer's Association
- District Director (2015-2017)
- Member, Amicus Curiae Committee
- American Bar Association Center for Professional Responsibility, Member
- Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers, Member
- Defense Research Institute
- Lawyers Professionalism and Ethics Committee, Member
- University of Alabama 'A' Club, Member
Articles & Presentations
- Presenter, "Ethical Considerations in Dealing with Missing or Uncooperative Clients," Alabama Association for Justice’s Annual Worker’s Compensation Seminar, September 14, 2018
- "Civil Procedure: The Basics," University of Alabama Law School’s PLUS (Pre-Law Undergraduate Scholars) program, June 2018
- "Ethical Considerations," NBI CLE Seminar, "The Rules of Evidence: A Practical Toolkit,” June 2018
- "Maintaining an Ethical Balance in Probate Practice," NBI CLE Seminar “The Probate Process from Start to Finish,” May 2018
- "Ethical Considerations in Engaging and Working with Expert Witnesses," Alabama Defense Lawyers Association Journal, Vol. 33, No. 2, Fall 2017
- "Court Rules and Updates,” and “Ethical Considerations,” NBI CLE Seminar, November 2017
- "Ethical Considerations for Working with Experts,” NBI CLE Seminar, September 2017
- “Legal Ethics: Attorneys’ Fees and Trust Accounts,” NBI National CLE Teleconference, May 2017
- “The Probate Process from Start to Finish: Ethics," NBI CLE Seminar, October 2016
- "True Professionalism in the Practice of Law," CLE Alabama Professionalism Course, January, May, October and November 2016
- “Ethical Issues in Employment Law Cases," CLE Alabama CLE Seminar, December 2015