305.358.5577 phone 305.371.7580 fax firstname.lastname@example.org
Abigail Roberts practices in the areas of aviation law, drone law, and appeals.
In the area of aviation law, Abigail's aviation practice has included, among other cases, the litigation surrounding the December 22, 2009 incident in Kingston, Jamaica involving American Airlines Flight 331. As a result of her work on the Flight 331 litigation, Abigail is a member of the team selected as a finalist for the Daily Business Review's Most Effective Lawyers for 2014 for the aviation law category. Abigail has represented commercial airlines in litigation nationally and has handled numerous aviation appellate matters.
More recently, Abby’s commercial aviation clients have begun to rely on her for assistance dealing with the intricacies of Drone Law and litigation leading her to focus on these areas in her practice. Abigail’s practice is dedicated to serving individual, corporate and government clients in all aspects of drone law and litigation including assistance with obtaining airspace and operational waivers under Part 107, obtaining Public Certificates of Authorization or Waiver (Public COAs), policies and procedures for drone programs, and regulatory compliance. Abigail consistently monitors the latest developments in the drone law industry, and has been published extensively regarding the legal considerations in the various aspects of this exciting market. Abigail is also an FAA-Certified Drone Pilot and uses her practical knowledge in this area to assist clients with the nuanced aspects of their own drone programs.
- University of Miami, School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2007
- Purdue University, B.A., Telecommunications, with highest distinction, 2003
Articles & Presentations
- Author, "The Sky is the Limit: Legal Considerations for Drone Technology in Appraisals," Appraisal Buzz, May 21, 2018
- Co-Presenter, "Drones and Property Assessments," Florida Chapter IAAO Annual Conference, April 2018
- Co-Presenter, "Rise of the Machines: Drone Technologies," GIS/CAMA Conference, March 2018
- "Your Business Drone Crashed... What Do You Do?" April 2017
- “FAA Announces Release of UAS Facility Maps for Drone Operators.” April 11, 2017
- “City of Orlando Passes Drone Ordinance Effective Immediately,” January 27, 2017
- "Overview of Recent FAA Remarks on UAS/Drone Integration into the National Airspace;" JD Supra; January 11, 2017
- "Drones: Preemptive Effect of Federal Aviation Regulations on State and Local Laws;" Published in DRI's December 2016 For the Defense Edition
- "Stranded: Navigating Aviation Delay Damages Under the Montreal Convention," Feature article in the Florida Bar Journal's September/October 2014 edition
- Co-Author, Chapter on "Appeals in Florida Proceedings After Dissolution of Marriage," Tenth Edition (Published 2011); Eleventh Edition (Published 2013) and Twelfth Edition (Published 2015)