Nicole Sieb Smith
850.222.6550 phone 850.222.8783 fax email@example.com
Nicole Sieb Smith represents national and local businesses and institutions in diverse litigation matters with a focus on employment defense and commercial matters. An experienced litigator, Nicole has represented clients in state and federal courts at both the trial and appellate levels, as well as before administrative boards.
As part of her employment practice, Nicole represents employers in the public and private sectors in cases involving claims of discrimination, harassment, whistle-blower violations, wrongful termination, retaliation, and violation of civil rights. Nicole also has particular experience in defending website inaccessibility claims brought under the ADA and the Rehabilitation Act. She is an experienced speaker on the topic of website accessibility, and is able to assist her clients to identify the legal considerations involved in auditing and remediating web content and to retain appropriate consultants.
In her commercial practice, Nicole represents individuals and companies in commercial litigation matters including contract and real estate disputes. Additionally, Nicole is part of a team of lawyers that handles commercial foreclosure and other real estate litigation matters; her real estate practice has included representation of attorneys, developers, brokers, title and closing agents, with a focus on defending professionals in malpractice claims. Nicole also has represented insurance companies in a variety of coverage issues and in the prosecution of recovery actions to combat insurance fraud.
- University of Miami, School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2005
- Smith College, B.A., cum laude, 1996
- London School of Economics and Political Science, General Course, 1995
- , ,
- , ,
- Listed in Florida Super Lawyers Rising Star 2012, 2013, 2014
Professional & Civic Activities
- Florida Bar Association, Vice Chair, Student Education and Admissions to the Florida Bar Committee (2008-2011)
- Dade County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Articles & Presentations
- Presenter, "Legal Topics," Florida Society of Association Executives Tallahassee Roundtable, September 26, 2018,
- Co-Author, "5 Reasons Your Sexual Harassment Training Isn’t Working," Law360.com, December 7, 2017
- " Blind Plaintiff Prevails in First-of-Its-Kind ADA Website Accessibility Trial against Grocery Store Chain," June 14, 2017
- Presenter, “What You Need to Know about ADA Website Accessibility Claims,” Live Webinar Presentation to Willis Towers Watson, Risk Control and Claim Advocacy Practice, May 2017
- "FCRA Retaliation Claims Require Proof of But-For Causation According to Fourth DCA," April 2017
- "What Restaurants Need to Know About Website Accessibility Claims," Florida Restaurant & Lodging Magazine, Spring 2017
- Presenter, "Recent Developments in State & Federal Employment Law" and "Responding to EEOC and State Agency Charges," NBI Advanced Employment Law Seminar, February 2017
- "What to Know About Website Accessibility Claims," PGIT Preferred News, Winter 2016
- “How to Avoid Expensive Website Accessibility Claims,” Live Webinar Presentation to the Florida Retail & Lodging Association, November 2016
- “How to Avoid Expensive Website Accessibility Claims,” Live Webinar Presentation to the Florida Retail Federation, November 2016.
- Co-Author, "What to Know About Website Accessibility Claims," June 2016
- Co-Presenter - Social Media and Texting - Considerations and Practice Pointers 23rd Annual Joint DIF/SIU Conference - Fighting Insurance Fraud Through Education and Commitment, June 2015
- Co-Presenter, "Maximizing Recovery in the Wake of Insurance Fraud," 22nd Annual FIFEC Conference, June 2014