Tyler J. Derr
813.223.4253 phone 813.221.4752 fax email@example.com
Tyler Derr concentrates his practice in the areas of construction and commercial litigation. Tyler has experience representing national builders, developers, and contractors in various types of construction projects and disputes. He also represents companies ranging in size from Fortune 500 companies to small local businesses in disputes involving breach of contracts, enforcement of non-compete agreements, and in defense of claims for wrongful death and catastrophic injuries. Tyler also has experience providing outside general counsel services to companies who do not require a traditional in-house general counsel and has assisted companies in drafting employment agreements, vendor agreement, management agreements, employee handbooks, and resolving labor and employment disputes.
Tyler received his law degree, cum laude, from Stetson University College of Law and his undergraduate degree from the Pennsylvania State University. Following his law school graduation, he served as a federal judicial law clerk to the Hon. Elizabeth A. Kovachevich, United States District Judge for the Middle District of Florida (Tampa), and the Hon. Mark A. Pizzo, United States Magistrate Judge for the Middle District of Florida (Tampa).
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2010
- The Pennsylvania State University, B.A., Sociology, 2006
- Florida Super Lawyers Rising Star, Construction Litigation-2018, 2019
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Professional & Civic Activities
- Florida Bar
- Real Property, Probate and Trust, Construction Law Committee
- Trial Lawyers Section
- Young Lawyers Division
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Construction Law Section
Articles & Presentations
- Author, "Jumping from the Frye Pan into Daubert, and Maybe Back to Frye"
Constructive Talk, The Florida Bar Construction Law Committee Newsletter, March 2017
- Author, "Recognizing and Defeating the Reptile: A Step-by-Step Guide," Stetson Journal of Advocacy and the Law, 2016
- Author, "Trial & Litigation: Amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure to be Effective December 1, 2015," Lawyer Magazine (a Hillsborough County publication), November 2015
- Co-Author, "Litigator's Corner: They Are Violating the Injunction, Now What? Enforcement," The Franchise Lawyer, 2015