Tyler J. Derr
813.223.4253 phone 813.221.4752 fax firstname.lastname@example.org
Tyler Derr concentrates his practice in the areas of construction litigation and has experience representing general contractors, subcontractors, and builders involving condominiums, single family homes, and commercial projects throughout the State of Florida. In addition to construction law, Tyler’s practice also includes automotive negligence, product liability, and defending against personal injury claims.
Tyler received his law degree from Stetson University College of Law and his undergraduate degree from the Pennsylvania State University. Immediately following law school, Tyler served as a federal judicial law clerk for the Honorable Elizabeth A. Kovachevich, United States District Judge for the Middle District of Florida, Tampa Division, and the Honorable Mark A. Pizzo, United States Magistrate Judge for the Middle District of Florida, Tampa Division.
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2010
- The Pennsylvania State University, B.A., Sociology, 2006
- Florida Super Lawyers Rising Star, Construction Litigation-2018
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Professional & Civic Activities
- Florida Bar
- Real Property, Probate and Trust, Construction Law Committee
- Trial Lawyers Section
- Young Lawyers Division
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Construction Law Section
Articles & Presentations
- Author, "Jumping from the Frye Pan into Daubert, and Maybe Back to Frye"
Constructive Talk, The Florida Bar Construction Law Committee Newsletter, March 2017
- Author, "Recognizing and Defeating the Reptile: A Step-by-Step Guide," Stetson Journal of Advocacy and the Law, 2016
- Author, "Trial & Litigation: Amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure to be Effective December 1, 2015," Lawyer Magazine (a Hillsborough County publication), November 2015
- Co-Author, "Litigator's Corner: They Are Violating the Injunction, Now What? Enforcement," The Franchise Lawyer, 2015