Robert V. Fitzsimmons
305.995.5425 phone 786.536.3452 fax email@example.com
Bob Fitzsimmons is an experienced trial lawyer specializing in complex civil litigation. He is Board Certified by the Florida Bar in the field of Construction Law and Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell.
Bob’s principal practice involves the defense of general contractors, builders and developers in construction defect litigation involving high rise condominiums, low rise condominium projects, single family developments and commercial projects throughout the State of Florida. His experience includes construction product class action and federal multidistrict litigation, most recently serving as lead national counsel for all contractors in the Chinese Drywall multi-district litigation. Bob’s practice also includes significant products liability and general liability cases.
Bob is a frequent speaker on construction defect and complex litigation for the International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC), Defense Research Institute (DRI) and the Florida Defense Lawyers Association (FDLA).
Born and raised in Brooklyn, New York, Bob attended the College of the Holy Cross and Fordham Law School before making Miami his home thirty years ago.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 1982
- College of Holy Cross, A.B., 1977
Professional & Civic Activities
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute, Member, Construction and Product Liability Committees
- International Association of Defense Counsel, Member, Construction and Product Liability Committees
- Florida Bar Association Trial Lawyer Section
- American Bar Association Tort and Insurance Section
Articles & Presentations
- Speaker, "Expert Witnesses in Construction Cases," The Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education Committee and The Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section Webinar (November 2017)
Ratings and Certifications
- Board Certified in Construction Law